Huddersfield-based pharmaceutical company Thornton & Ross, part of the STADA group, has been recognised in the 2020 The Pharmacy ‘Most Valuable Product’ (MVP) Awards with the shortlisting of 15 of its OTC products.
The 15 nominations come from across 10 Thornton & Ross brands: Care®, Cetraben®, Covonia®, Flexitol®, Hedrin®, Metanium®, Oilatum®, Tixylix®, Nizoral® and Polytar®. The shortlistings are featured across eight different categories, with up to four Thornton & Ross products competing in each category.
The shortlistings are as follows:
- Child Health- Care Virasoothe® Spray Gel
- Child Health- Hedrin® Once Spray
- Child Health- Oilatum® Junior Head to Toe Wash
- Child Health- Tixylix® Toddler Syrup
- Skin Care- Cetraben® Cream
- Skin Care- Oilatum® Cream
- Pharmacy & Consumer Healthcare App- Care HCP App
- Cough- Covonia® Dry & Tickly
- Sore Throat- Covonia® Sore Throat Spray Menthol
- Foot & Leg Care- Flexitol® Heal Balm
- Hair & Scalp Care- Hedrin® Once Spray
- Hair & Scalp Care- Nizoral® Dandruff Shampoo
- Hair & Scalp Care- Polytar® Scalp Shampoo
- Baby Care- Oilatum® Junior Bath Foam
- Baby Care- Metanium® Nappy Rash Ointment
Commenting on the nominations, executive vice-president of Thornton & Ross Roger Scarlett-Smith said: “We couldn’t be happier with the recognition that these T&R brands have received in this year’s MVP awards. During these difficult times it is brilliant to see so many of our products across our OTC portfolio nominated. We hope that we can continue to do our bit and support pharmacists and healthcare professionals through continuing to supply much-needed products.”
Thornton & Ross was the 2019 winner of the Hair & Scalp Care category with its Nizoral® Anti-Dandruff Shampoo with an additional five products being highly commended across the Child Health, Cough & Cold, Infant Gastrointestinal and Sexual Health categories.
Voting for this year’s awards will begin on Monday 6 July where customer votes will make up 50% of the overall score before being put in front of a panel of industry experts. Voting will close on Monday 31 August.
The awards feature 25 categories and cover a range of health concerns from eye and oral care, to sexual health and bowel concerns. Pharmacists from across the nation are asked to vote for their top products based on effectiveness, profitability, customer retention and brand training.
Thornton & Ross develops, manufactures, and supplies a wide range of branded over-the-counter medicines, dermatological solutions and other healthcare and hygiene products including Zoflora®, Hedrin® and Setlers®. It is part of the German-based STADA Group.10th July 2020